Monday 24 August 2009

MeMe



I have received his lovely award with some very kind words from my Soul Sista Mel...

So seven things and seven blogs...

  • I have scar that runs over heart and no one can remember how on earth I got it... It wasn't there at birth and nothing traumatic ever seems to have registered with my folks that might have caused it. My Mum's best guess is a cat scratch. Writing this has just made me realise that a certain young man I know has a scar he believes is an old cat scratch that really, really isn't.
  • I always wanted a tattoo but could never decided what to get. Somewhere out there in the world is a chap a couple of years older than me who probably doesn't tell the women that came after me that the dragon around his left forearm was for his first love...
  • I once saw Nelson Mandela in the flesh! I wasn't quite close enough to hear his words, even though it was soooo quiet, everyone wanted to hear him. He came to open a statue comemerating someone who campaigned for his release. They became friends and so when he died Nelson Mandela was there....
  • I was never one for dolls or cuddly toys. I just didn't get attached much. As a kid my only cuddly toy was a lovely lion called Aslan. Now I have some dragons called Domestos, Harpic and Big Blue. A lovely purple lobster. A seahorse. A crab and a mouse puppet. Oh and a three eyed fish.... *grin*
  • I failed my first recorder exam becuase the examiner terrified me, looking over his glasses. I later went all the way to grade five. He was probably a sweet old man...
  • I love water. I love the feel of it cool and clear in my throat. It is without a doubt, my favourite drink....
  • In my younger days I was a bit of a goth chick. I loved the Pixies and the Sisters of Mercy. As I get older though, I realise that my music loves are a little frozed at a certain point in time. I love grunge. I am going to start expanding my colelction in that direction. Nirvan were amazing but so were so many others....

and seven blogs of wonderfulness.... I am not devoting much time to reading blogs right now so these are a few of my most favourite..... Some I have been reading a long time now. There will no doubt be some duplication here.... No apologies for that either!

  • Barry is a wonderful chap. Full of grace. A fantastic attitude to life. Someone you would love to have in your family. Lovely stories full of gentle humour. It was his stories that drew me in (Lindasy helped) and once there I was hooked by this lovely man. His blog has changed with his life but it is always inspiring. This is a man who values his life and knows how to really live. May he do so for many, many years...
  • Fiona is a lady who writes about her life. From her job as a painter and decorator to her gardening exploits. From lovely recipes to her hens and dogs. From money saving tips to the flowers of the month from her garden. I love it all... Actually this was the first blog I ever read.
  • Lovely Leone. Now this is a lady who has transformed her life in so many ways. I love her gentle writings and her beautiful creations. I wish she could see it all through my eyes.
  • Suzie hasn't been around for a while due to bad internet things but I miss her voice and look forward to the day she is able to return. She is a wonderfully talented calligrapher.
  • Misty is a lovely lady who I enjoy chatting with. She creates the most fantastic dragons that are so perfectly rendered. Sometimes they look so alive! She also makes all sorts of other lovely things like pendants and lighter cases. I also love the fairies.... Oh and did I mention the unicorn? *sigh* but she paints as well and one day i too will have some stained glass....
  • Ms Yogini is also lovely and Mel has already said most of it! (and in far better fashion than I could! I love hearing about guerilla yoga. I love that she is out there doing so many things that I feel I should be...
  • Miss*R is someone I admire greatly but it is her strength in telling her story that has completely floored me. Never before have I heard of anyone else being this brutally honest about the time they spent living with cancer. I hope this retelling has helped.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing me for this Meme.

    I'm delighted that mine was the first blog that you read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your seven things was so very much more interesting than mine! I really enjoyed reading these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Sisters of Mercy?!?! Only one of MY FAVE EVER!!!! Fields of the Nephilim? This Mortal Coil? oh, yeah...the gloomier, the better!! *grin*

    Great choices on the pass-ons too...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww- Thank you Rose!!!
    I checked out a few of these- Barry's blog and the most recent post made me tear up! I can't wait to check out a few more :)

    Blessings (and I wish I could *do* more of the stuff that you write about- artsy stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rose,
    I am honored that you would include me in this wonderful list. You have posted some very honest things about your life, thoughts, and feelings, I love reading your blog and hope to someday evolve into a wonderfully, honest "bloggest"(don't think that's a word) like yourself. Thank you for your friendship...
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rose, such sweet words. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete