Saturday 18 July 2009

Spinning Through the Week

It seems to have been quite a full on week and I have so many little things to say as well as a few things I want to talk about all by themselves.... I have plans and posts burbling up inside. Anyone would think I hadn't written for a month, not one night...

Well Harry Potter was of course excellent. I won't say too much about the film as I am sure many of you will see it one day, if you havn't already. Having read the book, I knew the plot outline for the film. There was one part when I knew something was going to happen but when it did it still made me jumpa mile high. I was holding onto F who, because of me ended up grabbing his friend on the other side, who was also being held onto by a girlfriend who jumped... *laugh*

The cinema we go to is an old fashioned one that is still sometimes used as a theatre. It is lovely to live somewhere where they didn't rip it down. So the cinema we were in was huge, 600 seats and you don't end up sat right next to someone, hemmed in on all sides. This film even had an intermission which was great. They sold ice cream and we swapped around, we started with girls together and finished with men together.

The only problem was other people watching the film. The noisy teens at the back somewhere. The bunch of young unsupervised girls who kept running in and out and banging their seats. And my friend sat three rows back who decided to throw sweets at me. Now I know they are not happy at the moment and when they are unhappy they always regresses a little but it was kind of annoying. Our friends were annoyed. I was annoyed. I am sure the people sat behind me to either side must have been annoyed. I know the people with my friend were embarassed. I am not lastingly annoyed but it just seemed so... thoughtless and rude. *sigh* At least it was only during the intermission...

I have signed up to another book group. I knew about it a while back when the lovely Sam started it. Mel decided to pitch in to and once she got the book she let me know in no uncertain terms that she felt I would love it, and knowing that if she was telling me that, she was probably right, I gave in. Amazon and a little extra on postage instead of waiting for it to come for free, it arrived yesterday, but I had no time to read it! I still havn't read week one. I have cheated so far and looked at the exercises and very briefly at how to do morning pages as they are important exercise.

So this morning I woke up and got a pad and wrote. I wrote in a messy scrawl to keep up with my inner voice and well, it was interesting. I was very focused on what I could hear, or feel. Vision was less important as I was looking at my hand and the paper. I found a lot of what I wrote was banal but every so often there was a little something that made me think oooh... for oh so many different reasons. We are not supposed to re-read our pages for the first few weeks we do them, so I won't but the last thing I wrote is one I want to re-read and savour... Something about seagulls flying with their souls in their wings and wanting to fly with them.

Looking at the book in such a brief way has already started my brain working and remembering. I love self-analysis. I discovered when I had my nervous breakdown all those years ago, that a self-help book is a very useful tool for me and my astrology chart has kind of explained why and put it into words...

'... I am capable pf achieving personal harmony as there are a lot of steadying influences. I am capable of benficially resolving my inner conflicts, in fact I am eager to follow the trail of self-discovery. I have a need to explore my personality and analyse my motives. This is a consious and objective assessment of my true shortcomings. This gives me a depth of character. I must allow time for thought....'

It seems this is an important aspect of my persona. To be fair, it saved me after my breakdown. My logical nature, fostered in a Christian upbringing failed catastrophically under the world's demonstration that this is not how it works and I had to build a framework that worked for me, very quickly so I could function again. It took four months to repair the worst of the damage and go back to work....

I think I am going to love this book....

What else...

Much else is for my creative blog I think. Except my foot. I ignore my feet really. So it came as a little surprise, when I decided to examine my foot when it started hurting, how much of a mess they are. I don't think wearing steel toe cap boots so many hours a day even in hot and steamy weather, has agreed with them. I have a nasty flair up of athlete's foot and it hurts and I hope the cream works nice and quick...

1 comment:

  1. I"ve found the morning pages to be quite revelatory as well...who knew? I"m glad you're finding it useful...I think when you've read more you'll be even more glad that you joined in (I hope!)

    Sorry to hear about your poor feetsies...hope the cream works quickly too!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete