Monday 13 July 2009

Profundly Nothing

First things first... I have a huge thank you for my soul sister. I received a little piece of beauty through the post today, full of light and healing. A beautiful charm bag and that is all I shall say for the things inside it are personal to me. You know who you are....

When I spoke to the lovely F last night and told him what I had been doing all day, he was rather intrigued. Seems he had been having a conversation with someone at work about moon signs and he had no idea what his was. He is going to try and find out when exactly he was born...

It occurred to me that I could offer this to my Pay it Forward people. So far one has accepted. It will take a while to draw up charts and collate the results but I need the practice really... Still it will take some time.

What else do I have to say... Oh I made risotto for the first time tonight. With onions and mushrooms steeped in stock with rosemary, thyme, pepper, fennel and black onion seed. I discovered black onion seed in my herbal explorations and it will be a nice constant in my kitchen for tonight. Tamarind wasn't suitable for tonight - not the taste I was after. If you can fry or boil or stew or bake then you can cook but to make beautiful food you need herbs and spices. Cooking need never be complicated if you can just throw a few tasty things in the pot....

Time to get back to my chart I think, nothing profound here today.

1 comment: