Saturday 6 June 2009

Strange Happenings...

OK, so today has been strange....

I watched Little Miss Sunshine while sorting through my e-verse and it was a lovely film... It made me laugh so hard when the little girl danced... I then plucked myself off the sofa to go into Truro. I got all ready and went to grab my keys. No keys. We went to a quiz last night and F had to dash to work straight after. He had driven my car but had no idea where he had left the keys... He got a phone call at work....

Although he didn't find the keys till later, he did know where the spare was, so off I went. I was hunting for Wreck This Journal. I looked in Waterstones, the flea market, Smiths, Truro Arts and I tried to find Truro Books but I have either misplaced it or it has vanished. I failed. I have to wait...

I did however get some art supplies, postcards, stamps, bath things and had time to have a quick look in the museum, where I saw a lovely old terracota ridge tile with a huge dragon gargoyle.... Then I left on the handy park and ride bus. The bus was full but I got a seat near the back, opposite a chap with a very little girl (at the why stage) next to me and her mother opposite her with Dad standing in the aisle. The little girl was hilarious and I couldn't help the odd shared smirk with her Mum.

It was all fine until the bus braked very hard. I have no idea if the driver missed that the lights were read, tried to change lane without looking or what really but the next thing I knew I was on top of the man in front with my arm scrabbling about in someone's hair where it had gone through the gap.

Not everybody was so lucky and the bus pulled in to let some people get some air. I am not sure what happened to the little girl as I was too busy getting myself disentangled but she went very quiet. I got some of my postcards out for her to look at and she chose one covered in snails as her favourite. We got back to the car park where a lot of disgruntled passengers disembarked, talking about the bruises they were going to have.....

When i got home I took F to get Chinese and we watched Slumdog Millionaire, which was lovely....

But it doesn't change it being an odd day....

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a scary thing to happen! I hope you are ok! Very thoughtful of you to engage with the little girl at a frightening time and take her mind else where with your postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was so cute... It was over to quick to be scary if that makes sense....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very strange indeed....we have bus drivers who regularly drive like its the Indy 500 and they're about to make the grand, winning move....

    Sorry you couldn't find the book....it wouldn't take much catching up though....its' fairly 'do it your own way-ish' and believe me, if you're like me (which you are quite a lot!) you'll sit staring at it thinking oh-my-goddess where to begin...:)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. *laugh* I canceled my amazon order and ordered it from one of their dealers from the marketplace. They are in the UK, have it in stock and it should be here within 4-5 days and was cheaper, even with postage! It is listed as new so hopefully it will be lovely and pristine and all ready for wrecking. My Amazon version wasn't going to be despatched until the 18th June at the earliest (and I ordered it a week ago).

    I am hoping that having already learnt a bit about the contents of the book that I am primed to not be daunted. I already know I am going to colour the edges of my pages, alter the covers, doodle over pages of text, fill pages with circles, colour an entire page, make a paper chain, wear it, do things with four letter words, drop it from a height, burn it, make holes in it, compost it, tear pages out, scratch it, take it in the shower, carry it everywhere, take it out in the rain, spill coffee on it, make it dirty and then clean it.....

    I am hoping that by anticipating these activities, I can just get to it when it comes... I am also hoping I havn't spoilt the book by finding out too much....

    ReplyDelete