Friday 12 June 2009

Mountain High, Valley Low

Last night I didn't want to post... I was pretty down really...

Work was dire... I got to work while the Little Princess sat their and laughed and chatted away with her minions. While the cats away, the mice will play but somehow all the work gets mysteriously completed anyway... Still only one more day of it and then some authority will return to the team... (I hope)

I desperately needed a walk to re-ground me and I spoke to F at work only to discover he was going to be late because he had some paperwork to finish up. When I said I was going out, he reminded me that he would be only away from work for a few hours. He later said this was to remind me so I wouldn't be disappointed but I took as him not wanting me to go without him.

The expected time came and went and as it got later, I got more and more irritated and gave in and ate some food and took my boots off. In the time it took him to return home, I could have been out and returned with time to spare but instead I wasted that time. In the end we did go for a walk but it was late to go out without having eaten and really shortened my evening.

The walk was nice - we did a circular walk on the top of the nearby big hill. I see this hill everyday, unless it is cloudy or rainy and it looks so smooth across it's surface. Up on top it still looks smooth but gorse and heather are magnificent disguisers... There are ancient hut circles dotted around and little pools, natural, or mining relic or something else I don't know. Slabs of granite appear out of the undergrowth. On one particular often neglected path (most people walk the short distance to the top where there is much granite and a monument and go no further) there is a quarry that you can't see until you are there. It is flooded and overgrown and beautiful...

I also had a card from my Mum which made me sad. I knew it was coming but... *sigh* My folks have set a timescale on moving from my beloved childhood home. They need something more modern, more easily managed and a little less isolated for their retirement....

I think i shall write more about this place sometime, in a post of it's own, because it really does deserve it....

4 comments:

  1. I missed you....:)

    So sorry to hear about your childhood home...it will be difficult to let that one go, I'm sure.....

    TGIF...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sorry to here work is getting you down, and it is frustrating waiting on someone (men!). you should write about your chidhood house, sounds like you are going to miss it a lot. Maybe a post in it's honour? Have a lovely weekend and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really sounds lovely where you live. Being surrounded by ancient history would be very grounding and give a person a sense of permanence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My childhood home is stunning and I am going to write about it...

    My job does get me down...

    I love where I live, it is beautiful and oozes history...

    I am also tired... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete