Saturday 28 February 2009

The Year so Far

I thought now might be a good time to look back on my New Year's wishes. Two in particular seem to be fulfilled as far as I would expect! I am not saying I am perfect in these two things but I have progressed as far, if not further than I expected. These are number one and number three and here is what I wrote:

1) To become more creative.
I currently make jewellery using a variety of techniques including a loom, stringing and bead weaving. I would like to expand my creativity in new directions but am not sure which to pursue. I like the idea of learning more about photography and drawing. I would like to sew better and learn how to use my sewing machine. I would like to crochet and make rag rugs...

3) To find a job where I can be.
I need a job as soon as possible following Christmas. I have a habit of doing temporary admin work but would be happy to move on from this. I don't care what it is that I do as long as it is in a place that doesn't make me miserable or stop me from growing...

I believe I have successfully bought creativity into my life. I may not have taken up crochet or learnt how to use my sewing machine or made any rag rugs but I have taken up journaling. I love the relaxed style of this and the way it bring sin so many skills and materials. I am content to work on this at the moment but I hope to add other skills later on... But maybe not this year.

I believe I have definitely found a job where I can be. It turned up straight after New Year and while it is still temporary it is ongoing temporary work which is fine. It certainly doesn't make me miserable or stop me growing. I like the people I work with and I can really be myself, there is no one to impress in a warehouse. In fact it in itself is helping me grow, I am having to do more and more physical work and this can be only good for my health and fitness...

As to the other wishes... I put my name down on the Landshare scheme started by Hugh Fearnley Whittingshall. The National Trust has recently pledged to open some of it's land to provide allotments via this scheme.

I am not sure how my connection to all that is, is growing right now. With F being ill, we haven't been on any walks the last two weekends and it is being out in nature that always makes me feel connected.

I guess I do have enough. I could do with some extra to pay my fuel bill though! and a new fridge / freezer to replace the dead one....

As to whether or not all around me are growing in light and love - I have absolutely no idea!


So not bad going at the moment really!

No comments:

Post a Comment