Wednesday 8 April 2009

Word Wednesday: Leaf

I need a new one.

So I can turn it over and hide under it.

Or maybe float on some lovely green pool while sat on it.

It needs to be a large one...

I find myself with a few negative emotions zooming around right now, I suspect it is the old hormones giving their little rumble before they spring fully in to action. The newest leaf on my tree ain't helping though...

This leaf is all young and fresh and conscious of her luscious green-ness. She doesn't want to do the same hard work as the other older leaves. She wants to hide in the shade while the others do all the hard work of changing the sun into lovely glucose. Maybe she doesn't quite get it.

Maybe she isn't really a leaf but a flower in disguise. Designed to attract the honey bees but somehow very self conscious of doing so. I want to look nice but I don't actually want anyone to look at me, but you can tell me how nice I look!

If she is a flower then maybe that's why she doesn't mind the leaves around her but going and doing some work with other leaves a little further afield is just too much! Or even thinking about doing some other things apart from the work that she always does. Taking responsibility for said work is just too much but she will happily plug away without getting stressed or taking any of it seriously... I am not saying she doesn't work just that when there is so much to be done and she is given some different jobs to do, coming and giving them to me shouldn't be her first reaction.

I know this is a poorly disguised rant and it is not that I am jealous of her being pretty or young. I just have so much more to do now, trying to take responsibility for managing her, when she should be managing herself is too much. When I have a stack of other jobs, that take me away from the task we share can't she see that she needs to take responsibility for it now? Why do I have to think about picking up new work and dropping off completed work? She needs to step up, not work harder exactly as she does already work hard but just step up, take the strain and be a nice little team player... And except that men are going to look at her and just hold her head high and get on with it.... or go work somewhere that isn't male dominated....

*sigh* not much about leaves at all....

I saw some today... leaves that is... they were all green and curled... Fresh and clean looking, like they had just woken up. I bet THEY don't have problems with each other and like working together... Why can't I be more like a nice little leaf? Maybe that's the leaf I need to turn over...

No comments:

Post a Comment