Saturday 11 April 2009

Signposts

Yesterday Little Dog was rather sick and afterwards she was left with a rasping cough. First thing, she went to the vets and received a jab or two (or maybe even three). She takes the Vets mostly in her stride and even gave the Vet a nice lick as he was listening to her heart.

I had planned to go to the Post Office today before it shut at 12.30. I needed to post lots and lots of things. Some cards to family, a art supply swap, my ATC's for the soul journal swap, some letters for F and my first Postcross card. Before I went into town I gave in to weakness and signed up for a further four postcross addresses.

I bought the stamps for my postcross cards and also my post secret card, which I have yet to make. My postcross cards are off to Finland, Netherlands, Germany, Russia and USA. How exciting is that! They are going to such varied people as well, a ten year old boy who likes urban cards and reading about space, a grandmother who likes landscape cards.... I wonder where I shall get cards from and when! I know that I won't be eligible for cards until my first card is received and the code entered into the website.

One thing I have learnt from blogging is that how and where we live varies in the details a lot fro place to place. Life in the far north is very different when it comes to snow. By the sea, things are different to. I love the coast and never tire of it although some do take it for granted or are a bit blase. If you live in the heart of Russia, receiving a card of the Cornish sea would be very different from what you are used to....

After this, I wended my way up the high street to a paper craft shop I had seen but never been in. I had been looking forward to giving myself a little treat. It wasn't meant to be as it was shut for Easter. I found myself further up than I normally shop and the quickest route home took me down a side street with a sign to an alternative shop I had never really been able to find that sells esoteric items. Today it was suddenly on my way home...

One thing I have been meaning to get is an Oracle deck. My tarot is a slightly complicated tarot that I don't always find easy to read. I use it mostly to draw a daily card and it isn't the right deck for that. Oracle decks are designed to give advice for the day and are a lot less about readings.

I had hoped to buy the Druid Plant Oracle but the shop didn't have it. They did have several different ones on the angel and fairy themes. I bought these Angel cards instead. They aren't what I would normally go for but... The lady in the shop asked me to pull one form her deck and I pulled power. Apparently I don't have to worry about using my power because I am coming from a place of love...

I ended up chatting to some people in the shop and they suggested visiting several places on my 101 list...

Little Dog has improved throughout the day, although I am not sure she is very impressed by rice and meat stock....

No comments:

Post a Comment