Tuesday 8 December 2009

Update

It all sort of sucks and is a little on the rotten side. Maggots roil under the surface and an information vacuum allows lies to spread. It is an ugly process at the best of times but it doesn't fell as if it is being well managed which just makes it worse. They should let us grieve the loss of our security and our family group with dignity and truth.

Outside of work, I am practicing avoidance and quite enjoying it too. World of Warcraft is fun all over again. Old friends, fun things to do and roleplay - story telling and acting on the hoof. I have even put my story telling to good use with some rather altered fairy tales adapted to the world of Azeroth.

Work is hard. Some people are angry and not entirely playing nice. Others are miserable and bring you down too. Others show good spirit and are still able to have a good laugh. I think you learn a lot at times like this. Mr Nice is not neccessarily so nice when he feels his back is against the wall.

In addition my role feels hard. My work seems to have gone through the roof and normal delays have been longer. I shaer my role with the Little Princess who is a temp which means she will be out the door sooner than any of th rest of us. Not a good motivational tool.... The last two nights have seen overtime and tomorrow will too.

Not sure what I need right now is more time at work but hey ho..... At least I have F. I don't have the worries some people have. I am so thankful for that. So unbelievably thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have F to depend on and the fun of your game. Hope the ugly stuff doesn't drag on too long and that it is a positive outcome for you. I guess being theatened with losing your job can bring out the worst in some people and make life pretty miserable for those around them. Hang in there. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete